Combat Defence Academy is the Best defence Coaching institute for SSC CPO/ CPO S.I. (S.I. In Delhi Police) in Etawah.
SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has already published a notice regarding the eligibility criteria for all kinds of candidates. The aspirants must satisfy the multi-level eligibility criteria which include conditions on age, educational qualification and nationality.
SSC CPO Eligibility – Nationality
- A citizen of India,
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
Note: a candidate belonging to 2nd category above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
SSC CPO Eligibility – Age Limit and Relaxation
- The age limit of the candidates should be from 20 to 25 years
- There is certain age relaxation depending on the category of candidates. Here are the details of the age relaxations:
|Ex-servicemen (ESM)||3 years (after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date)|
SSC CPO Eligibility – Educational Qualification
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent.
- Candidates who have pursued their degrees/diplomas through open and distance learning mode of education can apply for the exam.
Note: Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification as on 1st January 2021 will not be eligible and need not apply.
SSC CPO Eligibility – Additional Qualification
- For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only, Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests.
- The candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020
SSC CPO exam has three different phases that candidates need to clear in order to get selected for various posts in Delhi Police, CAPFs, CISFs etc. SSC CPO Paper 1 is Objective Multiple Choice Question paper. Paper II exam is English Comprehension Test, while PET/PST Test is conducted to check the endurance (medical and physical strength) of candidate.
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|PET/PST||Running, Long Jump, High Jump and Short Put||Physical exam|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
SSC CPO Paper-1 Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
SSC CPO PET/PST Test
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||165||80||85|
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||155||–||–|
SSC CPO PET Test
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km Race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 5 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Short put 16 LBS: 4.5 metres in 3 chances
- 100 metre race in 18 second
- 800 metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres or 9 feet in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres or 3 feet in 3 chances
SSC CPO Medical Test
Criteria for the Medical Test is given below:
- Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
- Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
- Must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes
- Eye standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
SSC CPO Paper – 2 Exam Pattern
SSC CPO Paper-2 will be conducted after PET/PST Test for SSC CPO 2020 is conducted.
- • The total time duration of the exam is of 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
- • The total number of questions asked will be around 200 and the maximum marks for Paper-2 will be 200
- • The test will be of English Language and Comprehension conducted online.
SSC CPO Syllabus
The Syllabus of SSC CPO is for two written exams conducted online- Paper-1 & Paper-2.
SSC CPO Paper-1 Syllabus
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Ratio and Percentage||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Number Series||Error Correction|
|Ordering and Ranking||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Data Sufficiency||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
SSC CPO Paper 2 Syllabus
|English Language and Comprehension|| Error Recognition
Fill in the Blanks
Phrases and Idiomatic Use of Words